Kangaroo leather is a durable, lightweight leather made from the animal’s hide. Kangaroos are harvested; their hides and meat are both sold.
Later, their skin is used to manufacture different products, including soccer cleats.
But it is ILLEGAL!!!
In some parts of the world, Kangaroo Leather is banned.
Why is Kangaroo Leather Banned?
Kangaroos are on the verge of being extinct. Millions of kangaroos are hunted to get the leather.
To protect the Specie, some countries and states have banned it.
Australia is well-known for having Kangaroos, and they have allowed the hunting of kangaroos because it benefits their economy.
Why is Kangaroo Leather Banned in California?
Kangaroo Leather is banned in California. The wildlife authority of California has strictly prohibited everything made of Kangaroo leather.
Kangaroo is a common material used in football boots, baseball mitts, and gloves that are sold all over the world. California introduced the law in 1971, and it is still the only US state to have a ban on selling kangaroo products. From 2007 until the prohibition was reinstated in 2015, a moratorium permitted the trade of animal products in the state.
According to them, they want to help the WWF to protect wildlife.
It is a crime if someone uses kangaroo leather for selling.
Are kangaroo leather cleats banned?
As discussed above, kangaroo leather is lightweight and more durable, so it is used to manufacture soccer cleats.
Nike, Adidas, Puma, and Asics use kangaroo leather to manufacture soccer cleats.
Many international professional players use cleats, which are made up of Kangaroo leather.
Moreover, some club players also use kangaroo leather cleats.
But in California (an American state), it is banned.
No player can use Kangaroo leather soccer cleats. And there is a strict ban on selling and purchasing kangaroo leather products.
Nike Tiempo Kangaroo Leather Cleats
Nike Tiempo soccer cleats are Nike-designed sportswear. The company targeted soccer players who desired a comfortable and functional Cleat.
They are made up of Kangaroo leather. That is the reason they are more lightweight and durable.
Why is Nike Tiempo Good?
Tiempo cleats are fantastic. They incorporate nearly all of Nike’s soccer-specific technology. They have Fly-Knit technology to ensure the best fit.
Furthermore, the Quad-fit technology improves out-of-the-box comfort, and the soft kangaroo leather for improved handling and longevity.
- The soleplate of the Nike Tiempo cleats is extremely stable. It combines bladed, conical, and chevron studs, giving players an aggressive touch. This feature allows a player to dig into the ground for acceleration aggressively.
- The Tiempo Legend features a thin, embossed leather upper that provides a smooth, comfortable ride on the field. Its texture increases the ball’s friction, grip, and control.
- They also have rounded studs that make them easier to maneuver. The stud design is unique to provide additional stability on both hard and soft ground pitches.
- The upper of the Nike Tiempo cleat is made of leather. When wet, the leather quickly absorbs moisture and can become saturated.
Are Nike Tiempo allowed to be used in California?
Nike Tiempo soccer cleats are made of Kangaroo leather, so they are prohibited from being used in California.
No soccer player is allowed to use Nike Tiempo.
Moreover, Nike does not deliver this to any of the addresses in California.
On Nike’s official website, it is stated:
“The California Penal Code prohibits the sale of products made from, among other materials, kangaroo leather.
Nike uses kangaroo leather in a limited number of our Premier and Tiempo soccer cleats, which cannot be ordered with California delivery addresses.
Nike Mercurial, Hypervenom, Phantom Vision, and Magista soccer cleats don’t include kangaroo leather and can be ordered with California delivery addresses.”
Adidas Kangaroo Leather Cleats
Adidas Copa Sense:
It is one of the top products made of Kangaroo Leather. The company has done an excellent job of creating a comfortable shoe that provides excellent ball control. It makes it a favorite among players who prefer the feel of leather and do not want to give it up.
Players find it relatively simple to manage that space between the heel of the foot and the back of the shoe using a foam called Sense-Pods. The additional stability and softness make it ideal for wearing throughout the match.
Touch-Pods are placed in the front of the shoe to assist with receiving and controlling the ball. It is one of the primary justifications for choosing leather cleats; the feel is pleasing. Just having this technology available elevates the feeling of the shoe.
Soft-Studs have exceptional flexibility and traction and function exactly as they should. Players can make adjustments quickly and without experiencing any slippage. If you order the proper size, it will resemble a portion of the foot.
- They have fabulous maneuverability.
- When controlling the ball, they give a great feel.
- They come with laces and without laces.
- As Kangaroo leather is expensive, so does the cleats.
Are Adidas Copa Sense allowed to be used in California?
The answer to this query is the same as for Nike Tiempo. They are not allowed to be used in California.
California has banned Kangaroo leather and any product made of this. So, it is nearly impossible to get Kangaroo Leather cleats in California.
You may also like:
- Can You Use Football Cleats For Softball
- Solution for Stinky Soccer Cleats
- Where to Buy Soccer Cleats Online?
- Are Black Soccer Cleats Hotter?
- How to Make Cleats Smell Better?
- Do Professional Soccer Players get Free Cleats?
- Do Puma Soccer Cleats Have A Warranty?
- What is The Difference Between Shoes and Cleats?
- Difference Between Soccer and Football Cleats
- How to Make Cleats Smell Better?
- Are Firm Ground Cleats Good For Turf?
- Are soccer Cleats the same as Softball cleats?