Adidas running shoes are well known because of their comfort, versatility, and style. Most of the running shoes are so well designed that you can also wear them with your daily outfit. Well, it doesn’t matter when and for what purpose you are wearing them, but keeping them neat and clean is important.
When you wash your shoes, you not only maintain their appearance but also enhance the performance of the shoes. If you need to learn the method of cleaning your shoes. You must take guidance from here. We will discuss the step-by-step process of washing your Adidas running shoes.
Five Best Methods To Wash Adidas Running Shoes
Cleaning of running shoes needs some techniques. These techniques are essential to maintain the shape, colour, and texture of the shoes. Here, we will discuss the top five easy methods that will help you to take care of your favorite pair of shoes. So, just choose one that you can easily adopt for cleaning.
1. Hand Wash Cleaning With Soft Brush
Hand wash cleaning method is one of the best and convineient method that require the following materials and the simple steps.
- Lukewarm water
- Soft brush
- Mild detergent
- First of all remove the shoelaces.
- Then, mix small detergent in lukewarm in a basin or tub whatever you easily have arround you.
- Now,dip a soft brush into the soapy water.
- Gently scrub the shoes soles, upper part, and stained areas.
- At last rinse with clean water to remove deterent residue.
2. Machine Wash Method (Not For All Shoe Type)
The washing machine method is not suitable for all type of Adidas shoes. Those shoes have sensitive fabric material are better to avoid washing machine. You can use this method according to your shoes type.
- Washing machine
- Laundry bag
- Mild detergent
Method Of Cleaning
- First you have to start by placing your shoes in a laundry bag. Then,
- Add mild detergent in cold water and start a gentle cycle of washing machine.
- But always check the care label to ensure machine washing is safe for your specific model or not.
3. Insole Cleaning Method
Sometime our shoes insole get more dirty due to sweating and soils. Then you can remove your debris from insole with the help of insole cleaning method.
- Damp cloth or sponge
- Specialised insole cleaner (if necessary)
- First of all remove the insoles from your shoes.
- Then, wipe your shoes with a damp cotton cloth.
- If heavily soiled, consider using a specialised insole cleaner.
4. Spot Cleaning with Baking Soda and Water
Baking soda and water make a best misture for cleaing. The paste has a magical effect on debris areas. You can perform this procedure have the following material and given step.
- Damp cloth
- Baking soda
- Prepare a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Apply this paste on the stained areas.
- Gently scrub with a soft toothbrush.
- Then wipe out paste with a damp tissue or sponge.
5. Water With White Vinegar
Another best known method to wash altra running shoes involve water and vinegar. You can perform this activity to remove the stinky smell from your shoes. You can perform this step easily in the given step and following simple three steps.
- White vinegar
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a tub.
- Dab a cloth in the solution and gently wipe the shoe’s insides to eliminate odours.
- Allow the shoes to air out afterwards.
Read | Are Vans Good for Running?
Basic Steps Involve In Cleaning Process
There are the few basic steps that are involve in cleaning. So follow these simple tips for best cleaning purposes.
Step # 1: Gather All Important Materials
When you decide to wash your shoes then make sure you have all essential things that will use in cleaning. These necessary materials, include any mild detergent, cotton cloth, soft brust or wasted toothbrush.
Step # 2: Shedd Loose Dirt
Before cleaning, or dipping your shoes in water. Make sure you have removed laces. Then remove any loose dirt or debris by shakking. You can also use the soft brush to scrub away any remaining dirt from the shoe’s surface.
But do not to use excessive force to avoid damaging the shoe’s material.
Step # 3: Remove The Insoles & Clean Them
Remove the insoles from your shoes, if possible. Wipe them clean with a damp cloth. You must replace them if they are soiled. But insoles can be cleaned easily with the help of specialized insole cleaner.
Step # 4: Dry Your Shoes With Care
When the cleaning is done. Now you have to dry your shoes with great care. Dry the insoles, laces and shoes individually. Dry the shoes part with newspaper or paper towels. Always avoid direct sunlight and high heat to dry your shoes.
Place your Adidas running shoes to air dry at room temperature for 24 to 48 hours. The time taking gentle drying process will maintain your shoes color, structure and appreance.
Step # 5: Reset Your Shoe Parts After Cleaning
When your Adidas running shoes have dried completely, it’s essential to reinsert the insoles, lace them up, and restore them properly. Practice for consistent cleaning routine to keep your shoes best for longer.
5 Main Benefits of Washing Running Shoes
Washing your running shoes doesnt danmage them until you use a preferable method. A sound an secure method keep your shoe fix for longer time. Therefore you must know these benefits so that it can encourage you to save your shoes, feet and running experience.
- Regular cleaning helps maintain the structure of your running shoes.
- A clean shoe is more comfortable to wear, especially on long runs, as it prevents abrasions and discomfort.
- When soles and uppers are clean, you feel better traction and breathability. It ultimately enhances your running power.
- Cleaning eliminates odor-causing bacteria and particles, and your shoes stay fresh.
- When you take care of your shoes, then you can save money on frequent replacements.
Can you put Adidas running shoes in the dryer?
It is not recommended to use a dryer as the high heat can damage the shoes’ materials and compromise their structural integrity. Air drying is the safest method.
Are all Adidas running shoes machine washable?
No, not all Adidas running shoes are suitable for machine washing. Always check the care label or manufacturer’s instructions to ensure you don’t damage your shoes.
Can you use bleach to remove stains from Adidas running shoes?
Avoid using bleach, as it can discolour and weaken the materials of your shoes. Stick to mild detergent and gentle scrubbing to remove stains.
Cleaning enhance the lifespan of your Adidas running shoes. You can take care of your shoes simply by gentle washing and air drying. Remember to treat your shoes with care, and they will continue to serve you well on your runs and in your daily life.
- Can I Use Running Shoes for Walking
- Can I Wear Running Shoes for Dance
- Can I Use Running Shoes for Volleyball
- Do Professional Soccer Players get Free Cleats?
- Can Soccer Cleats Be Used for Football?
- Do Puma Soccer Cleats Have A Warranty?
- What is The Difference Between Shoes and Cleats?
- Difference Between Soccer and Football Cleats
- Squatting in running shoes